Thursday, April 29, 2010

NY Girl Visits Susan B.

This is the SMARTEST GIRL IN THE WORLD, my daughter Kristen. Over the weekend she visited her dearest friend since first grade Jen, who lives in Rochester, NY. They visited the grave of Susan B. Anthony. I confess, I knew Susan B. as a suffragette, instrumental in getting women the vote. Well, she was so much more. You can find it all here. She fought for equal pay for women in the 1860's, something that was just in the news this week. (150 years and we are still fighting for equal pay?) Kristen knows about all these things. She's read everything she could get her hands on since she was very small. She inspires me, and makes me think. I like that about her, well, I like everything about her. Enjoy this beautiful day.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: