Wednesday, May 26, 2010

WIP

I am working on pillowcases for our service project and for myself. All the fabric is cut, but it's hard for me to pair the cuffs and the body of the case. A trip to the fabric store seems to precede any sewing lately.

I am also experimenting with dyeing tissue to make some of those beautiful vintage looking flowers that are all over the web and at all the shows. This tissue I dyed using a diluted solution of walnut ink and the ink straight from the sprayer. I've made lots of these flowers before, think homecoming floats, wedding cars in the 70's and the big Mexican style flowers with brightly colored tissues. I just want to make a couple, but all I seem to be making is a mess.

This lovely book and flower I bought at the NaDa Farm Sale. This flower is made from sewing pattern paper, so charming.

I've also included a photo of some completed pillowcases. Just so you know I've actually finished some and I'm happy with the pairing choices. So much to do, so little time... Enjoy this beautiful day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

oooooh Penny....I am SO loving that tissue you are dying!!! And the flower you created adorning the books is so beautiful sweetie, just gorgeous ~ I hope you are having a wonderful week dear friend, hugs and love, Dawn