Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Crafting with Emma

Emma starts school today, the forth grade. She spent her last day of vacation with me and we crafted. She has the crafting and creative gene that runs through our family. I have to mention that hair! It is almost white from the sun, just beautiful.
We worked with an oldie but goodie, shrinky dink plastic. You color with pencils, and then shrink the plastic with a heat gun. Em loves to color and draw.
It was so sweet to spend the day with her, and hear all about her summer and her hopes and fears about the new school year. I know she'll do great.
Here is a little something I just finished. I found 3 skeins of yarn called sayelle at a rummage sale for .25 cents each. This is a yarn my Mom loved to use, and I wanted to make something for my home with it. This is the pillow I came up with. This basket weave pattern is so easy, and will look great on the sofa this autumn. We have some lovely weather for a change. Enjoy this beautiful day.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

oh sure... "so easy" she says...I can crochet a little - but no knitting - yet! beautiful job!

kristennn said...

I'm jealous of your fun day with Emma! I hope she likes all the books I left her.

debbie @ happy little cottage said...

I love your pillow. Did you follow a pattern? Looks like a fun fall project!