Monday, August 9, 2010

Material Girl

Material Girl is the name of a fabric store in Crystal Lake, Illinois. I had been there once before, last year when I was looking for some fabric to finish a quilt for my daughter. The store has a new owner who has transformed the place. A pretty chandelier hangs over the vintage glass counter. The walls are covered in white bead board, and the fabric, WOW. They have everything, including a wall of vintage buttons and trims. Crystal Lake is worth a visit, so many pretty shops, and the drive up Route 14 is scenic. Material Girl is at 21 N. Williams Street. I am happy to have a fabric shop that isn't a chain relatively close by. I bought a lovely Autumn panel, that you would never find at a large chain store. As soon as the weather cools a little, I'll be back at my sewing machine.
We visited our good friend Lake Michigan, to end our week of local fun. For me a visit to the Lake is like taking a little vacation. We walk the beach, avoiding the holes dug by every child there, it seems. Our kids did it too, the minute we hit the beach they started to dig. The sunset was the perfect way to end our staycation. I have some rummage sale and estate sale finds to share in my next post, my 100th post!

Thanks for coming along, and enjoy this BEAUTIFUL day.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: