Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rummage Sale Finds, My 100th Post!

It's makes me happy to find a treasure, and I found some great things lately. First is my handled dishpan. It was filled with small tools and junk, but I only wanted the pan. The 3 gentlemen manning the table, made me a deal I couldn't refuse... Take all the junk and you can have the pan for $1! I tried to stage a pretty vignette, but the mosquitoes had other ideas. I ran inside before I got bitten.
The platter was such a lovely robin's egg blue, and the price was right. I use so many serving pieces for the holidays, I can always use another pretty piece. The broom is child sized. I happen to know a small child who loves to help.
Since I'm in my blue period, I had to show you the canning rack I got to display my blue canning jars. The vintage tablecloth, though damaged, will make some patriotic pillows for next years 4th of July decorating.
This needlepoint pillow washed up beautifully, and is a perfect addition to my growing pillow collection.

I want to thank everyone who has been so kind and supportive to me as I reach my 100th blog post. I was a lurker when I met some wonderful women at a blogging event in February. They helped give me the confidence to write that first post, and hit PUBLISH. If I was a better blogger I'd have links to all their beautiful blogs, but mentioning their names and blogs will have to do. Jennifer Rizzo from Sanctuary Art, Amy from The Maisy Report, Joan at Anything Goes Here, Suzanne from At Home with the Farmer's Wife, Heidi, who started it all, from Dreams Intertwined, Rebecca from Vintage Living, Joy from Savvy City Farmer, Tracy from French Larkspur, Cindy from Cottage Instincts, Jayme from Tales from the Coop Keeper, Anne Marie from Na Da Farm Life and Annie from Drawing a Blank, who spoke from the heart, and inspires me still. I may have missed a few names from that day, but I'll never forget the inspiration I took away from our time together. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Hi Penny!

Congratulations on your 100th post! Blogging is so wonderful meeting new people and seeing new places. I don't know what i did before blogging.
I love all your finds and your photos of everything is beautiful. Love the canning jar holder. I have never seen that before. It all looks wonderful.
Hope your having a wonderful summer!

Thank you as always for your lovely comments on my blog.
Pamela xo

Anne Marie said...

that tub is a great find Penny! and yes! the bugs are bad this year!!

hope to see you when the weather cools off in october!

xo+blessings,
Anne Marie

Heidi said...

Boy the first 100 went fast huh?! Hope to make it out to Anne Marie's in Oct. for a little reunion!
:)Heidi

Lisha said...

Penny, I know this comment is alittle behind but I could relate. I also was a "lurker" for a long time when I met Linda from The Blue Gate that makes those fabulous conservatories from old windows. She encouraged me to start my own blog.So glad I did~ So great that we all can encourage each other!! Happy posting....

Anonymous said...

phentermine for sale buy phentermine topix - can you buy phentermine online legally

Anonymous said...

phentermine drug buy phentermine for free without rx - phentermine hcl buy online