Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Today...


Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless...

The quote is from the book "The Sheltering Sky." I woke up this morning to this spectacular sunrise and it came to mind. Remembering how precious life is, and the responsibility for all of us to never take a day for granted.

I'm celebrating the life of John Denver, gone 13 years today. He wrote the soundtrack to my life, and introduced this city girl to the joys of nature. I fell in love with my husband, walked down the aisle and rocked my baby's to his music. Just thought I'd remember him here, his music is still an important part of my life. Dear friends, enjoy this beautiful day.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: