Sunday, December 5, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree!

Here's our Christmas tree, splendid in white. I made all the paper ornaments, including the German stars. The snowballs are from the Hob Lob, and I only do white lights. I have boxes of family ornaments that I haven't used in a few years. Our home hosts a very large and boisterous Christmas Eve, and there is no room for a large tree in our home. I bought this smaller footprint tree, and was inspired a few years ago by the movie ELF. I watch it with my little bird, and she just loves it. The elf, Buddy, decorates with snowflakes, paper chains, fiberfill all in white. Someday when my husband gets his way and we build an addition to our home, I'll have several trees. Until then it's more family, less trees.

The animals and birds are from Martha Stewart from a few years back. You can get the directions for the German stars from DIY network. They are from the Carol Duvall Show, a personal hero and mentor of mine. Many a day, when my kids were younger and still in school, I'd see a craft on Carol's show in the am and before the kids needed to be picked up, I'd have made something new and learned something wonderful. There is nothing like it on TV, except if you catch a rerun in the wee small hours of the morning on DIY.

My Buscia had these stars on her tree back in the day, I guess they are Polish too!

A white cardinal... paper, scissors and voila! Can I possibly be ready in less than 2 weeks?



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Penny!!! Your tree is just GORGEOUS!!! I love it even more knowing you made so many of the ornaments ~ absolutely beautiful dear friend...hugs and love, Dawn