Sunday, April 17, 2011

If It's Saturday...

There must be a Rummage sale somewhere! And there were several. I scored on all this lace, trim and ribbon.
This cookbook published in the forties, is a treasure trove of good old fashioned baking recipes. A good read on a rainy Saturday.
I found a Christmas tray, much like my Currier and Ives season trays, but not Winter. Why am I finding so many french canning jars? I can't resist em and even my DH is finding them for me. I found a source for new rubber seals, the ones on the jars are cracked and brittle. The finial is for a project that needed just this one. Serendipity!
I collect Lane small cedar chests, but this souvenir chest from Wisconsin had to come home with me.
The total for my loot, $5.50. Oh, and I also got a book about the Essex, a whaling ship that was destroyed by a whale, and inspired the author of Moby Dick. The things you find at a rummage sale! God bless all of my friends on this beautiful Palm Sunday.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

tikascm said...

Your rummage finds are so unique. You must have a third sense of which ones to visit. And now DH is in on all of this "rummaging"!