Saturday, April 30, 2011

This Girl's World

Coming off the holiday is hard for me.  Everyone goes home and I'm a little let down.   I was so happy when my dear friend Barb from Babs Just a Babblin sent me a photo of a little purse she found cruzin the web on her ipad.  It was on a amazing blog called Tangled Happy, and the post was called Boutique Bags.  It got me crocheting, and the bag above is my first attempt.  It's such an easy pattern, and I'm fast with the granny stitch.  I've made 3 and I'm working on my 4th.  A perfect  gift for a little girl, or for my friend Barb who  has great ideas. Thanks Barb!
My Kristen brought me this book for Easter.  Girl's World by Jennifer Paganelli.  I love her colorful photos, and her Sis Boom fabric line is really beautiful.  Nothing has jumped out at me yet saying MAKE ME, but there are many inspiring ideas. 
Have you ever looked at the fabric department at Ikea?  The white with black and  green print has been my favorite for a while.  I've made pillowcases for so many family and friends with this fabric.  It's just charming.  At $5.99 a yard for 60 inch wide fabric, it's a bargain and it's the perfect weight.  If you've been to Ikea lately you've seen all the floral print accessories  that match this blue print fabric... napkins, paper cups, trays and even tablecloths in this happy floral pattern.   
There was an Estate sale right on my block.  I picked up the colander, didn't every house have one back in the day.  Another storage jar, some measuring cups...aren't they cool?  I have my Mom's glass juicer and now have a collection. (Yes, three makes anything a collection;-)
 I do love the look of anything old!

Have a great weekend...Hope the sun is shining where you are.




1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Oh, I love the handbag. There must be something in the air because I'm crocheting again like crazy. I love all your estate sale finds and guess what? I collect juicers also.