Wednesday, May 18, 2011

More Picnic Baskets

Don't tell my SIL Elizabeth if you like something, unless you want a quantity of it.  I've been buying picnic baskets when I find them at a reasonable price.  So has Elizabeth.  She spoils me,
 really she does. 

She found these great baskets, for a song she says.


The one on the bottom is the type I have the most of.  The center white basket has a painted top, and the top basket is lined, and has a BABY in it!

I was taking photos of the baskets and was surprised to see Honey, sleeping in one of them. (She's the kind of  doll that sleeps with her eyes open...) The work of our little bird.  Honey was my daughter Kristen's baby a long time ago. A few years ago, Kristen was walking in Manhattan and saw a Mom walking with a little girl in a stroller.  The little girl was holding a Honey doll, just like the one that Kristen had back in the day.  Kris called and asked if I still had Honey. It set into motion a search for the things I put away for each of my kids.  I found Honey, with the Woodsies, a squirrel family that lives in a hollow log, and the fisher price mobile with the pink piggie that hung over Kristen's crib, along with many other wonderful memories of my first baby. Now Honey is our little bird's favorite, and she loves being a good Mom.  "Auntie Penny, you're a good Mom too" she says and makes me smile.  I digress...

This is the pretty painted top of the white basket.  I'd make a splash at Ravinia with this one, don't you think?

Thanks Elizabeth.  You are too good to me.  And thanks little bird for filling my days with surprises and happiness. Finally, thanks Kristen, for remembering the happy things in your childhood,  and for making my dream come true of being your Mom.   I love you guys!



2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, I love my picnic baskets!!! I use mine to file patterns in my sewing room. I'm always looking for more picnic baskets.

Your baskets are great. I especially love the one with the blue gingham liner.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What darling baskets, I have 2 and haven't used them in a while now, you made me want to pull them out again. Thank you for coming by and leaving such a sweet comment. hugs ~lynne~