Sunday, May 15, 2011

One Thing...Leads to Another!

 After making the moss covered W, I had to display it, and that's where...one thing leads to another!
 I haven't changed out my buffet since Easter, so this was the perfect time to do it.
With the addition of St. Francis under my large cloche, a galvanized window box, a bird cage and all the faux and real plants I had around the house, I came up with a garden/conservatory look for the dining room.
My shabby chic urns are pretty empty, but with baby tears bought at Joy's, Shop the Shed, they are delicate and mossy green perfection.
 I'm training this topiary, from a grocery store heart shaped ivy.  The pot and topiary form are from Smith and Hawken.  The store in our mall is now closed, but the handles of the doors are still pitchforks...I love those door handles!
 Can you tell which plants are real and which are faux?  Let's just say more faux than real.
And this, my friends, is how one moss covered letter, lead to a new display.  Now to get this song out of my head...one thing, one thing, leads to another...one thing, one thing, leads to another...


http://youtu.be/JHYIGy1dyd8#t=1m42s



1 comment:

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Looks great, Penny!
I know that song... and yes, sometimes
decorating has the domino effect.... one change leads to the next and then the next and so on.
Happened here yesterday! I was cleaning the shelf under my kitchen island and decided to take pictures and before you know it, I was changing lots of surfaces in the kitchen!

It's a good thing though. Make is all seem new again!
See you soon gf!
xx
A