Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Serendipity Sunday

Capped off a busy weekend with a visit to the South Barrington Arboretum, a fancy pants shopping center to see Joy from Savvy City Farmer.  It was a beautiful day for walking and shopping outside.  It wasn't a huge show, but there were many friendly vendors, and cool stuff galore.  Joy had her beautiful vintage garden and home accessories, live plants and other cool stuff.   It's always nice to see Joy
and her sweet hubby Don.

These spindles are topped with cups, saucers and finials.  Note to self...look for spindles. Sorry, it was a random photo and I do not have the name of the vendor.
Suitcases are like potato chips to me, back up and walk away.  It's like the picnic baskets, I have so many, I need to stop!  They were so pretty...
I had a nice conversation with Laura of Junque duJour.  She was so friendly and had her teenage kids helping out.  She had great stuff, like the suitcases, silver, wire baskets, french flash cards, dishes, furniture...
and this great corner cabinet.  Laura also sells at Kane County.  I hope we run into one another again.  I told her she should have a blog...if I can, anyone can!  Contact Laura at JunqueduJour@aol.com

The serendipitous moment was when I saw an item that I also saw at the NaDa Farm sale...I thought for a moment it was a reproduction, or something mass marketed.  Then I saw the foxgloves...it was the girl who sold me the medium sized milk bottle full of lily of the valley at NaDa Farm!  Now I have her name to give her credit, it's Diane Passi.  Contact Diane at ppassi@aol.com

A full weekend, I must say...  and a busy week ahead.  Thanks to everyone that made it special, especially to my dearest one.  We met 37 years ago this week...I loved him when I first saw him...it took him two months till he asked me to marry him.  It took me a year and a half till I said yes.  Silly girl.  Wonderful guy!
Enjoy this beautiful day.


No comments: