Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Butterfly Dream

We've had such hot weather, with no relief in sight.  My mornings are spent watering the new grass, all the new plantings and pots on the deck.  The garden out front is neglected, but this morning I was rewarded for venturing out front.  On my pink cone flowers was a Tiger Swallowtail butterfly.  I had my iphone and took a couple of photos, then I ran inside for my camera.  The result were these dreamy misty photos.  The temperature change from house to outdoors caused the lens to fog up...
 This butterfly was busy drinking nectar, and let me get very close.
 Butterflies are so beautiful, and a visit from one is a gift I never tire of.
 You can see how the condensation is disappearing...
 It's almost gone in this photo.
 I'm blessed to wake up and walk out the door to all this beauty.
 I'm grateful that I can share these photos here...
 To enjoy again...
When Summer is just a happy memory.


Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life. And everyone deserves a little sunshine. ~Jeffrey Glassberg



1 comment:

tikascm said...

Butterflies have become the icon for my life - butterflies symbolize change and I am forever changing - thank you for sharing your beautiful photos.