Sunday, August 21, 2011

Like Sand Through the Hourglass...

So go the last rummage sales of summer...   I'm having a thing lately for aluminum.  It is everywhere, and so inexpensive.  The tray with the world on it was $1.  Everything looks nicer on a tray, from store bought cookies, to soaps and cotton balls, a must for candle displays.  
 Crackers and cheese, a place to drop the mail and your keys...  You get the picture.
Zinnias seem to be a theme here.  I'm sure the print was from a grocery store promotion.  We had the Blue Boy and Pinky fine art prints hanging on the wall in my home growing up, from the grocery.  I liked the green mossy look to this pot, and a picnic basket, I have a hard time walking away from one of those.
 A brand new makeup case and a clock.  The clock says Villa Del Domenica.  One of my best friends in childhood was named Domenica, but we all called her Mamie.  One name brings back a flood of memories.  I hope that life has been happy for this dear friend of long ago.
Quotes, I can't get enough of them and Ideals.  Ideals was a staple in the 60's, and must have been treasured by folks, as they are plentiful still today.  I think it is still published.  Filled with beautiful photographs, poems and QUOTES, I love to have them around.

I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel.  A misunderstanding changed my deadline for the leaves I'm hand sewing, from October to next weekend!  Let's just say, felt and floss flew, and I've made 60!  Other projects got sent off, more have come in.  My sewing machine got tuned, and I have pillowcases and sachet hearts to finish this week.  Visitors from the East will arrive for the holiday weekend and I couldn't be happier.  Life is GOOD!  Hope you are having a great weekend, take care dear friends, and enjoy this beautiful day!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Penny,
I liked your rummage sale aluminum . . . fun post.

You are the ultimate of "busy fingers". Wow!

Enjoy your friends . . .
Love, Lynne

In Tray Exercises said...

Can I keep the clock? Looks so nice. I wanna have it. :(