Friday, November 11, 2011

At the Auction


Our Women's Club held it's annual Labor of Love Auction.  We had so many beautiful handcrafted items.  I just wanted to show you a few.  The  beautiful still life painting is by my dear pal and inspiration Shirley.   Every year we wait to see what she will create, and it's always amazing...
Sorry that I don't know the names of most artisans.  This talented women works in glass.  The Madonna is hand painted and fused onto glass...
 There were many quilts and quilted items...
 The evening had a tailgate theme... This beanbag game made the most money for the club.
It didn't seem right that a game would make more money than some of the beautiful crafts that took hours of work and tons of talent.  So goes an auction.  You never know what things will be popular.
 There was something for everyone...
... even the smallest sports fan.  This burp cloth and bib set were made by my friend Mary Anne at Grammy on the Go.  She has a custom embroidery business and makes the cutest baby things. She is the kindest lady, and has made many items for our little bird.
Speaking of birds, charming ornaments from the glass artist.
 Can you imagine the hours that went into this cross stitch hummingbird? 

 I donated this "Tipton" inspired vintage linen pillow...
 this scarf...
 and two small containers with a hand crocheted washcloth and 2 wrapped soaps.
One of the containers made $20 for our club.  One of my crazy guild sisters bought it. (Love you Jane!)


The centerpieces were so cute, and the snacks were tailgate fare...fritos and chili in the bag, beer and
pretzels.  Guild 4 did a great job hosting this event.

This is what I bought...no one bid on this burlap Santa and angel.  My SIL Elizabeth brought it to get rid of it for her sister.  It ended up on the auction table...  Now I have to think of a way to get it back to my SIL;-)... Have a great weekend my friends.  Thanks for visiting.  Fair warning....SOLD!


No comments: