Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter Crafting



You can tell a real artist by how well they do faces. LOL


Suzy Snowflake is a winter favorite around here.  Our little bird is crazy for the old standbys, including Hardrock, Coco and Joe. (If your from the Chicago area, these were a annual favorite of kids young and old.) While enjoying my craft room and all the tools...(she is handy with the paper trimmer and the hole punch!) she came across a small paper doll I cut from a manila folder.  I knew this doll had the potential to be Suzy Snowflake. Using all manner of snowflakes, glitter and glue, Voila! I think she will love her. I hung her on some clear thread and attached it to a dowel, so the little one can make Suzy dance just like the video. 
I am working on the first of my crafty projects for the grandbaby.  I love this pattern, that is actually for a washcloth.  I just increased it 4 times, and am using a yarn from the Hob Lob called I Love This Yarn!.  It had a very soft feel and is a pleasure to crochet.  It is white with the tiniest flecks of blue and rose.  I'm making it toddler sized, they grow so fast and it will be a few months until  baby needs a cozy blanket!
I'm including the pattern here, since I couldn't find the link from Lion Brand Yarn.  It's stitch is so simple but the results are lovely.  More crafts to come.  The Sun is shining, enjoy this beautiful day.

WASHCLOTH
Chain 33.
Row 1: Skip 2 chains (counts as single crochet), work 2 double crochet in next chain, *skip 2 chains, work (single crochet, 2 double crochet) in next chain; repeat from * to last 3 chains, skip 2 chains, single crochet in last chain – 10 (single crochet, 2 double crochet) pattern repeats.

Row 2: Chain 1 (counts as single crochet), turn, 2 double crochet in first single crochet, *skip 2 double crochet, (single crochet, 2 double crochet) in next single crochet; repeat from * across, single crochet in turning chain.

Repeat Row 2 until piece measures 10½ in. [26.5 cm] from beginning. Fasten off.


2 comments:

Lynne said...

Little Bee is your niece, right? You are the best auntie around . . . well, let me correct that statement, you and Barbie are the best aunties around! LB will love the "glitz and glitter" princess you made for her . . .

Crochet . . . looks beautiful . . . how fun to be busy making things for the upcoming little one . . . due when?

Jill said...

I just smile when I look at Suzy Snowflake!

Your crocheting is beautiful!