Saturday, February 18, 2012

Another Service Night

Once a month our Guild meets for service night. This is the time we work on projects that go out into the community. Jean, in the lower right hand corner is our coordinator of service projects. She has made us a well oiled machine of good deeds. This night we were working on two projects. Pillowcases and sachet hearts. I've talked before about Con-Kerr Cancer, and the pillowcases we make for hospitalized children. We cut, pin, sew, iron and serge, and on an average night make about 40 pillowcases. The sachet hearts are a small token given to Women at local hospitals. These are traced, cut, sewn, stuffed and decorated. We are fueled by the desire to help, and by plenty of chocolate:-) I am proud to be a part of this generous group, and spent my birthday evening with some of the nicest ladies you will ever meet.

Today my family comes for a visit, and I'm looking forward to a weekend of putting the final touches on our  baby shower. Are you watching Downton Abbey? Everyone has been talking about it, and I have to say I'm looking forward to this next episode. Would you be an upstairs person, or downstairs? I come from a long line of cooks and domestics, downstairs for me!

Thanks so much for all the good wishes and comments. I am overwhelmed to receive such heartfelt sentiments from such good friends that I admire so. Your love and support mean the world to me. Thank you!  Have a great weekend.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too am enjoying Dowton Abbey. Season 1 and now Season 2. Tomorrow is the last one. What will I do on Sunday nights?