Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Friendly Things

 
Oh, it's just the little homely things,
The unobtrusive, friendly things,
The "won't-you-let-me-help-you" things
That make our pathway light.

 
The "Laugh-with-me-it's-funny" things
And it's the jolly, joking things,
The "never-mind-the-trouble" things,
That make the world seem bright.

 
For all the countless famous things
The wondrous record-breaking things,
These "never -can-be-equaled" things
That all the papers cite.

Are not the little human things,
The "everyday encountered" things,
The "just-because-I-like-you" things
That make us happy quite.

 
So here's to all the little things,
The "done-and-then-forgotten" things,
Those "oh-it's-simply-nothing" things
That make life worth the fight.

author unknown
from Friendship, an Ideals publication


Enjoy this beautiful day my friends!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

Love that metal holder and jars! It's right up my alley! Love it! Oh, and thanks for the poem!

Lynne said...

I love thee sing songy little things verse . . . Such a happy sort you are cheering me up tonight. like the little wire flower thingy too.

Suzanne said...

Lovely.

I believe in the idea that "nice matters".