Sunday, September 23, 2012

Weekend Bake Sale

 
I keep all my baking supplies in my island to have everything at hand when beginning to bake.  It is a idea I got from Martha years back and works so well.  I got an early start on my bake sale baking.

 
First I made the pumpkin coffee cake I wrote about before. 

 
Then apple crisp.

 
A little packaging...

 
Sure hope they 'go' and we make some money for our pet projects.

For the family I made some turtle cookies...used my favorite pudding cookie recipe, added chopped pecans, chocolate chips, and caramel pieces.  These will get sent off to NY, enjoyed by my guests this week and given the Willoughby Seal of Approval by the guys and Charlotte here at home.

Have I mentioned how much I love my family?  I've been missing everyone so much, as busy lives and distance keep us apart.  We started the day with a long face time with the whole family in NY, it was just like hanging out.  Then Charlotte spent the day and did homework while Jon worked.  Charlotte and I laughed and laughed...it felt so good to have a girl in the house!  Then as the guys came home we had a small celebration for Charlotte's birthday next week.  This Mama was HAPPY to have the nest filled again, if only just for a little while.
A busy week ahead, but one more day of beautiful fall sunshine to take in before we return to our regularly scheduled life.  Have a great day my friends.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jill said...

Everything looks so good and I love your packaging!

Our Hopeful Home said...

The apple crisp looks fabulous!

Lynne said...

Looking DeeLish . . . Only 3 more days girl . . . Got your hugging arms out!