Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Have you seen this monkey?

 
I am not an animal person...I am frightened by dogs, cats, cougars...I do not particularly like monkeys, except the one that washes a cat on a video David Letterman used to play all the time...Then there is the Ikea monkey...His real name is Darwin.  He was found running around a Ikea parking lot in Toronto.  He let himself out of his cage and out of the car he was in.  The funny part of the story to me is the stylish coat he is wearing.  The fact that he is obviously comfortable in a coat makes me laugh.

 
Now Kris is sending me all these funny photos...


 
The Royal Tenenbaums is one of our favorite movies, and yes he does look like Margot!


 
Sorry Paul Simon...Kris knows I love Art Garfunkel.  Just pure fun during this sometimes hectic time of the year.

Around the house...

We caught a mouse the day after seeing it and then four of his close friends the next night.  We went nuts with the foam and steel wool and the traps and have hopefully locked up the house to further invasions. 

A whole quarter of my Christmas tree is dark as another string of lights died. Oh bother!

I am still sewing and have made so many things I can't show you...till after Christmas.  Strangely enough this has been such a peaceful time around the house, except for the mice.  The sewing machine is humming, along with the Christmas carols.  I haven't done a lick of shopping yet...that's still to come, and not too many things will be bought this year.  I decorated my entire house with sweet treasures I already had...the only addition is the sheet music fabric I tea dyed and tacked to a canvas. All my supplies are ready for baking...  I have ironing to do and gifts to wrap, but I am not stressed this year.  I am surprised by my resourcefulness, for all the things I've made, without having to buy more than a few pillow forms and a couple of yards of fabric.  I've been using what I have, and what I have is a lot!

I can't wait for the family to arrive...to have sweet p. in my arms. To have not enough arms for all the babies I love.  I am so glad that it's cold out, but I do miss the snow.  We made a new record for days without snow in the Chicagoland area.  We need the cold for it to feel like Christmas...at least I do! ;-) Seventy degree days in December just scare me.

So there's my Advent report...hoping that you are enjoying the preparations...that your home is warm and your heart is full. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Enjoy this beautiful day!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Debby said...

I just heard about the monkey a little while ago on the TV. I was out of it yesterday. Headache related.
Love that you didn't shop but were able to use your stash for presents. My kind of Christmas. I really don't know how we would have done ours without the money I found. I still don't get why I found it and why so much.
Can't wait to you to see little sweet p. again.
Shopping done except for gift cards......headache delay......cards ready to mail and nothing wrapped or baked. I don't bake much since we have 3 celiac people. Decorating done.....so a good place to be.

Lynne said...

Thanks for the smiles Penny! Guess I need to thank Kris as well . . . Being resourceful is a very good thing . . . I am doing some of that too. I haven't done any shopping except for a couple of books. Not long now and your Little P will be in your arms again! The snow may arrive when everyone is safe from their travels!

Sing loud enough so I can hear you . . .

babs said...

So happy Sweet P will be coming for Christmas. How wonderful. I started a bit of baking also and have remained stress free. It's my new thing for the holidays.