Saturday, February 9, 2013

On a Winter's Night

 
My favorite soup at Panera is the Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice. 
Here is my attempt at a copycat recipe.

1 large can cream of chicken soup
1/2 can water..1/2 can milk
1 box chicken stock
2 stalks celery chopped
2 large carrots chopped
1 teaspoon minced onion
2 teaspoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 box Uncle Ben's Chicken and wild rice made according to directions


 
Cook celery and carrots in butter until tender,

 
Mix soup, water, milk and chicken broth together on medium heat, whisk to combine.
Add one tablespoon of flour to veggies and cook for several minutes until the flour starts to color
add to soup.
Add chicken pieces and the cooked rice.
I also added some diced potatoes... (as my family knows, I'm only here for the potatoes!... family joke:-)

 
Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with some crusty bread and a dash of black pepper.
(I prefer a sour dough bread bowl, but on a snowy night, punt!)

 
Baked some cupcakes for a bake sale this weekend.

 
Tested my Mounds Bar topping on the guys!

 
They liked it!  Me too! (Sliced almonds, coconut and mini semi sweet chips)

We have enough soup for lunch, and enough snow to call it WINTER!

Thanks for stopping by my friends, enjoy this beautiful day.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Barb said...

Looks wonderful. Wow...the cupcakes too! I like the topping idea!

Lynne said...

Sounds delicious . . . looks yummy and the cupcake frosting I think I need to make some NOW,

Our Hopeful Home said...

The soup sounds yum! Gotta love Panera, it's one of my favorite places. Had one of their chocolate croissants for breakfast this morning! Those cupcakes look sinful, make me hungry just looking at them!