Thursday, February 7, 2013

Poetry Corner

 
Beneath the crisp and wintery carpet hid
A million buds but stay their blossoming;
And trustful birds have built their nests amid

 
The shuttering boughs, and only wait to sing


 
Till one soft shower from the south shall bid

 
And hither tempt the pilgrim steps

 
Of Spring.
Robert Bridges
Feeling a little poetic today, and opened my Bartlett's Familiar Quotations...my addition published in 1955.
A treasure trove of quotes and poems, with an index to help you find a poem or quote for every occasion.

More snow, a pot of soup for dinner, a meeting of my Guild.  Enjoy this beautiful day my friends.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Lovely words and pictures, Penny. My favorite is the tracks in the snow. Enjoy your day too.

Lynne said...

Such a beautiful poem, lovely photos . . . perfect little snow tracks. You are one in a million Miss P W . . .