Thursday, March 7, 2013

House of the Rising Sun...

 
No, not the song, but I bet at least a few of you can sing a verse or two.  No, today the sun rose in a glorious fashion, after too many days of flat white light through the clouds.  Sure, it shows up all the dirt and smudges accumulated through the winter, but boy it feels great when the sun shines!


 
A shaft (Now there's another song ;-)  of sunlight on my sewing machine was all I needed to finally get a decent photo of the bunnies I made for Debby's swap happening over at Cozy Blanket.

 
Compare to yesterday's photos.  Flat and lifeless.

 
A chance to show off a basket also from sweet Elizabeth.

 
A visitor...our little bird.  Could she come up the driveway to the shoveled walk?  NO, what fun would that be.  I ran for my camera, and laughed at this oh so free spirit walking through snowdrifts.

Out to the PO and some much needed grocery shopping.  The most dangerous part is leaving my own still a snowy mess driveway.  Wish me luck!  Enjoy this beautiful day my friends.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Debby said...

Oh my goodness are those bunnies adorable or what. A few little chiccckies arrived yesterday. This is going to be such fun.
The little person in the snow is so funny. You still have alot of snow. Our is melting quickly.
(((((HUGS))))

Blondie's Journal said...

Your bunnies are darling! I wish I could sew like that.

Our snow is turning to slush, the air really feels like spring today!

Have a great weekend Penny!

XO,
Jane

Sarah said...

Those little bunnies are darling. I like the seed packet motif. I used to sew, but haven't had a working machine for more than 10 years. Hope your are warm and cozy inside your home.

Jill said...

Oh Penny... I LOVE your bunnies! LOVE them!

Lynne said...

Beautiful sky . . . Bunny collectibles . . . Silly little girl, climbing through the snow drifts . . . Happy post Penny!