Thursday, June 27, 2013

My "Bastille Day" Banner

 
If you remember I had one vintage tablecloth that I could cut up.
 Well, this is it.
I thought since it was red, white and blue
 it would make an excellent
Independence Day banner...
That was until I showed it to my son Mike.
He said, "Oh, for Bastille Day!" 
Then I looked at it in a whole different way...
He was right, it did look a little French...

 
I cut out the pendant shapes from fusible interfacing. 
Since the fabric was so threadbare,
I thought it needed something to give it a little weight.
 I ironed on the interfacing to the wrong side of the tablecloth,
then cut out the shapes with my rotary cutter.

 
I made it to hang outside, but to show you today
 I hung it on our fireplace.

 
Then I looked up Bastille Day and found
 it's celebrated on July 14th!
Two birds with one stone!
Celebrating the US on the 4th,
and France's National Day on the 14th.
Thanks Mikey, who knew?...
My baby is so sophisticated!

 
 
I finished all my dishcloths...after I ran out of the plain flour sack towels,
I gussied up some Ikea striped hand towels too. 

We finally got the storm, a BIG storm with alot of rain.  We were fortunate and never lost power.  Some in our town got flooded.  I won't have to water the garden for a while...and a few days inside got my creative juices flowing.  Hope all is well with you my friends.  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

AWESOME banner, Penny! You know I have a soft spot for anything French! And those towels are darling. Your talent strikes again! Have a happy 4th!

Melanie said...

Your creativity and talent is so amazing, Penny! I love the banner. I'm sure you'll find the perfect place on your deck area to hang it.

Lynne said...

I like your banner and Mikey's suggestion . . .

Happy 4 and 14!

Also happy you have your "creative mojo" going on!