Friday, June 7, 2013

Serenity in the Garden

 
The Kiwi vine is so pretty, the cool temps seem to bring out the pink in the leaves.

 
The arbor looks so romantic.  Bittersweet, climbing pink roses, and the Kiwi vine.

 
Sit a while on the glider and take in the view.

 
My grapevine pot wreath, reinvented...

 
The old wreath fell apart under the weight of the pots.
This time I used a metal ring to reinforce the grapevine wreath.

 
Our next door neighbors hosted a party, unfortunately on the coldest and gloomiest day.
Later, when the sun finally came out the tent looked so pretty against the weeping willows
in their yard.

 
My little vignette includes a old push mower from my SIL Elizabeth,
an old cement urn and some pots of flowers.

 
Rustic and beautiful...impatiens in an old tool carrier.

 
At the flea market, a great idea... The jars in a frame....How pretty would this be at night, filled with tea lights, or in the day filled with cut flowers.  I think that we could recreate this easily, and I certainly have enough jars to make a few.

Look for me in the garden my friends.  Enjoy this beautiful day!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Love the Kiwi vine Penny . . . I do not need to plant more but I think I must!

Kiwi and Honeysuckle are my two new temptors . . .

Happy weekend dear one . . .

Melanie said...

That's where I've been, too - my garden! Love the kiwi vine. Don't think I've ever seen that.