Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Before & After

 
A long time ago I garbage picked this frame.  I thought the shadow box
type frame had some possibilities.
It sat and sat in the laundry room until the other
day when I took it apart.
I painted the frame and papered the mat board with scrap booking paper.

 
I had this scrapbook paper with the eggs...

 
I added a few personal touches.
The feathered friend, some mossy type artificial green,
a W for Willoughby, a couple of feathers from a Horned Owl
who who lives in my neighborhood. ;-)

 
Some tiny eggs, a ginkgo leaf.

 
Well, what do you think?

 
I found this chair at a rummage sale this weekend. It weighs 10lbs, at least.  What to do?  It has the
comfort value that only a steel and wood chair can give, aka a pain in the seat!  I've seen them painted and used as chalkboards... Any  other ideas? Well, this may take a while!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day my friends.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Kudos to you . . . always a creative project at hand . . . A little children's desk chair might be an idea. Bright paint on the metal and colorful subject painted on the seat. Does Little P have a favorite story book character?

Our Hopeful Home said...

I love it! Esp. the color scheme, very soothing. And the faux beadboard look, it's amazing what paper can do, no? I'll have to get back to you on the chair, though...:)