Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Groceries and other concerns...

 
When I get out of bed each morning, first thing, I check the skies.

 
The sunrise this morning went from a slight red glow to this in a matter of minutes.

 
A great way to start the day.
Red sky at night sailor's delight,
Red sky in the morning, sailor take warning!

 
On our walk, we helped "clean" the neighbors lawn by picking up
some Osage oranges.

 
Still organizing, cleaning...putting things in place.

 
I had no idea how long or how hard it would be to move down all my
STUFF.  I am not close to finishing, but my work spaces are clear.
I have found treasures and trash.
Carloads have left the house and an occasional bag will sneak in.

 
After a few projects to quickly finish before guests arrive,
my thoughts go to...

 
How are you doing?  Have you started shopping for the feast?  I do not have a final headcount, but I am buying like everyone is coming.  I am not a good shopper when it comes to groceries.  We have a great market near by, in fact the new market has forced the other marketsin the neighborhood to improve service, facilities and even prices.  If I shop with a list, I leave the list at home, lose the list, forget a pen..  It's comical really. It will take me several outings to get everything I need.  Then Thanksgiving morning... I FORGOT THE.......fill in the blank...foil, cloves, sour cream...  My Mom is laughing on a cloud somewhere.  How I actually get a dinner on the table is a minor miracle.

Hope that your preparations are going smoothly, and if not, you are not alone!  Thanks for stopping by.
Enjoy this beautiful day!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Debby said...

Oh Penny, I do the same thing about shopping. But I forget things we can't live without, like toilet paper. I hate to shop. I will only go to our grocery I the village. I know where things are and you don't see people abusing their children while shopping.
as far as the weather. They just came across the TV that Athens Ohio had a 3.5 earth quake. Are you kidding me.....what is going on. That's about 1 1/2 hours from here. it's beautiful little college town with some amazing old brick buildings.
I am not hosting Thanksgiving so I haven't even thought about the things I will be fixing. I will have to cook up something for Friday after so that we can do a Thanksgiving for our son. Wish he was invited to our family one, but he isn't. So enjoy your family and all the food.

Melanie said...

Beautiful sky pictures! You know what's funny...here we only live what, maybe 40 min. away from each other, and I have never seen those oranges you showed, nor have I ever heard of them! Where do they come from - a certain tree? Your office/creative space is looking really good. Can't wait to see it in person someday! We are going to my mom's for Thanksgiving and I'm the designated veggie person. I'll buy the veggies on Monday or Tues. and do the cooking on Wed.

Our Hopeful Home said...

You're SO funny, helped "clean" their yard! ha! I'm on to you, sister:) I've wanted to clean a few neighbors' lawns myself for many days now, only haven't had the time to stop the car as I drive by! One year Tom actually brought two large Rubbermaid bins in the car with him on his weekend errands and came back with them filled with hedge apples (as we call them)! Gotta love my Wayne neighbors! When we lived in Kansas I used to go and "help" my neighbor across the street every year and take away a few bags of them fr decorating, etc. One year Martha Stewart actually had a recipe for drying them, and I tried it, what an epic fail! Did you know they're actually milky and sticky inside? Yuk! We don't do much for Thanksgiving (no family here, sniff, sniff) so we do a turkey breast and some trimmings and try to just spend the day enjoying the kids, preferably on the Prairie Path weather permitting. I'm sure your spread will be grand. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, friend!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your office is looking great, Penny. That's next on my To Do list. I have been so lucky with our Dominick's. I know the layout so I make my list according to that. Now they are closing and I have to find a new place. Not looking forward to that!

XO,
Jane

Lynne said...

Today was my day to go shopping for the big day . . . tell me please, have grocery prices sky rocketed . . . YIKES!

Getting everything on the table, timing this and that, not forgetting anything . . . I can hear my two kiddos . . . "Mom, did you remember the rolls. . . in the oven!"