Friday, November 15, 2013

Loose Ends

 
I posted this photo and quote on face book and thought you might enjoy
seeing it here.  The days are flying by and I am trying to tie up
some loose ends before our Thanksgiving festivities begin.

 
I made little favors for my guild sisters.  I don't drink tea myself,
but love the idea of it. I printed these cards on the computer and added the
ruler stamp and ribbon.

 
Blessed Beyond Measure!
I'll make some for our dinner table and for my family.

 
I missed our auction last night.  I needed the rest more than
the fun. Still nursing the cold that will not go away.
 Just 16 days till Thanksgiving!

 
Bittersweet, from my very own vine.  It didn't look like this when picked,
but popped it's husk after drying.

I didn't post a photo of our snowfall earlier this week.  You know I love snow, but not when my dearest
is flying.  Just as the wind really started to blow, he was headed north... By the way, no snow in Canada, where he was headed.  They are making snow for their ski resorts!

My posts may be few and far between till after the holiday, or I might be inspired to post often...you never know!  Things will get done, or maybe they won't.  Who will notice?  Just GRATEFUL for so many things..
A house that needs my attention, when so many are homeless, food that needs buying and preparing when so many are hungry, a family that loves me, and I them, when so many are lonely.  Brings me back to Blessed Beyond Measure.  I am and pray that you are blessed too.

Have a great weekend my friends.  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lynne said...

I like that feeling grateful thought . . .

Many with so little . . .
Let's help wherever we can! Deal?

Barbara Lilian in France said...

I liked your quote, and all your grateful thanks. Enjoy your thanks giving with your family.

Debby said...

I like your "blessed beyond measure." Such a cute idea. You are busy. Yes, you probably needed the rest more. I have had migraines and insomnia for a week now. I have gotten sleep the last two nights....not all at once but a little here and there. My thoughts on the holiday is what gets done gets done. Food is a priority and a clean house. When it comes to presents. If I don't know they want and they won't tell me - it's a gift card. Money is precious and I don't want someone to get something they can't use. But first it is Thanksgiving. We have some health issues to also attend to right now. Take care and I hope that cold goes away soon. (((((HUGS))))

Debby said...

That first picture looks like a painting. It's just beautiful.

Melanie said...

I love your tea favors and the tags - so cute and creative! I bet your Guild sisters loved them, too. I'm sorry to hear you're still sick. Do you take any herbal supplements when you get a cold? There's certain ones that do help. (I'll email you.)I am definitely grateful for my home and the abundance of food we have to eat. I'm also grateful for my hubby that works so hard for us to provide it all! xoxo