Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Where does the time go...




This sweet little guy came into my world at the lowest point of my life. My Mom died suddenly just two weeks before he was born. I held it together for my kids, Kris then 6 and Jon then 3, until I went into labor. By the time I delivered Mike the whole maternity floor knew my story. (Finally able to vent my emotions during the last stage of labor, I yelled for my Mom and Jesus...) When Mikey was born, he filled us with joy and helped heal the emptiness we all felt. A big job for a little guy, but one that Mike to this very day does for our family. He's got a talent to make us happy and to laugh...paired with his brother Jon, they are hilarious. Often bringing me to tears of laughter, choking on my dinner or spitting out a drink... They may be trying to get rid of me...;-) It's my favorite sound, when the guys are together to hear them laugh.


Mike's gone through many changes this year. His band broke up, he started writing music on his own. He cut his hair and started kick boxing and other martial arts. Good and healthy changes. He'll always be my baby, though he is all man...
So like his father... Kind and generous, smart and talented. Loving and loved. Sister Rosalind, Mikey's first grade teacher thought Mikey was an angel...I still do!

Happy Birthday my son, my son. May all your dreams come true. I love you!

Thanks for stopping by my friends. Enjoy this beautiful day.

Love, Penny

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Lynne said...

I remember that Mikey guy . . .
Happy, Happy, Happy Mike . . . I like the new look!

babs said...

Happy Birthday Mike! I like his new look also!

Melanie said...

Happy birthday to your baby!I love his birth story - thank you for sharing. From that adorable picture you posted of him when he was little, you sure can tell it was him. He still has the same sweet face. :-) He looks fantastic...has lost a lot of weight!