Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekend Update

 
I seriously have nothing to report...
That makes for a very uninteresting blog post.
So, here's some fluff.
I am back among the living.  Have you ever felt so bad that
you didn't know how bad it was until you started to feel better?
I can smell again.  That is a big deal to me.
My head has been so clogged and my sinuses so sore that
it hurt to go out into the cold.
Last night we took a walk, and I felt like a parolee.
The sky was so beautiful...like a welcome
back to the living gift!


 
It was like the sky had been painted, stroke by stroke.

 
I've done small things like clean our bedroom of all the accumulated Christmas stuff...  Emptied waste baskets filled with Kleenex.  Sent out my thank you notes, restocked my refrigerator and pantry. 
Taking it easy as I don't want to go back to where I was.

My mind is swimming with ideas, a good sign, and my pinning finger was not unused during my convalescence. I am still a dweeb when it comes to pinterest.  I know how to pin and make new boards but cannot change the comments.  If something I want to pin says something stupid, I won't pin it.  Lazy, right?

OK, if you are still reading, a friend o mine you must be.  Thanks for stopping by and for all your kind comments.  Enjoy this beautiful day...Is that spring I smell? 


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Looks at those skies. Treats like that are needed these days. Happy your sinus has cleared and you are feeling tip top again.

I have been doing some cleaning and sorting but much more to do. Each drawer, closet, cupboard, pantry that is cleaned the better it makes me feel!

Stay well my friend . . . Wishing you some grocery store tulips!

Blondie's Journal said...

I didn't know you were sick...I'm so glad you are better. What a great walk, those pretty skies were welcoming you back!!

If I "get" what you're referring to as comments on your pins, I just backspace over them and type in what I want. My problem is, I want to make more detailed boards, like my Dinner board. Make new boards with Soups, Salads, Pasta, etc. I just don't know how to do that moving around stuff.

Take it slow, you will get things done little by little. :)

XO,
Jane

Melanie said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Beautiful sunset pictures. I know today almost felt like spring (40 seemed like a heat wave to me - I ran errands in a t-shirt and hoodie!), but snow is due back tomorrow, then wind chills below zero again. Oh well, what do we expect for January, right? Very easy to change the Pinterest comments. Just erase them by using the backspace key.

Our Hopeful Home said...

I wish it were spring you smelled! Glad to hear you're on the mend. I had periodontal surgery yesterday so I'm kinda on the mend, too! Can't eat too much, but the bright side is maybe I'll lose a pound or two?:)I'm also glad you're having ideas. Me, not so much. Hopefully I'll get inspired soon.