Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Look Ma, I'm Serging!




Oh my, what a difference the right tool makes, and choosing the right husband...
The serger nearly had me defeated, but not my man. After a busy day of meetings and work, he happily jumped in to help. He has a brain that easily figures out the most complicated problems. That side of my brain has dust bunnies, clouds and butterflies in it.


My guy learned how to thread and troubleshoot. Within an hour I was up and running.
New spool of thread...no problem! By the end of the evening he had changed all four!


Twenty one pillowcases!


Some are cuter than others...


All soon going to good homes! Thank you honey, thank you Jean for letting me try, and thanks to the generous donor. This small machine will make a big difference in our production of our pillowcases, for children in need.

Paczki Day today! The last splurge before Lent. More snow, the Great Lakes almost completely covered in ice... Forty days till Easter, it's Chicago...sounds about right!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy this beautiful day.

xxoo Penny




Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Lynne said...

What a guy! Let's call him Serger King!

Great project, nice work, happy children . . . does it get any better than that.

Funny . . . I thought tomorrow was Paczki Day . . .

Our Hopeful Home said...

You are so good, making all those cute pillowcases for kids who need them:) Thank goodness it isn't me, I'd end up going to Ikea and buying them all:) Your hubs is a real keeper, that's for sure! And I'm so tired of the snow I could spit (as my mother used to say).

Debby said...

Yeah for your hubby. Love those pillow cases and who they go to. Good job both of you.
I am having a swap.....want to join in.