Friday, March 21, 2014

Ready for Company

Step one of my kitchen spruce up is complete. The sage green walls are a calm and neutral color. It took me all week to paint, I hurt my back in the silliest way possible for a 59 year old woman. I picked up my six foot two inch, 200 something? pound husband. It seemed like a good idea at the time...We were walking and my dearest was hurting, a stitch in his back he couldn't walk off. I had him stand behind me, on the street, and I grabbed his arms and lifted him off the ground on my back. It did nothing to help him, so we kept on walking. We did grocery shopping the next day, and I forgot all about it. By Sunday I was walking like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Then I remembered! As my Dad would say, What a knucklehead! My brain has not received the memo yet that I am too old to do things like that! Oi vey!



So a job that would have taken me a day at most, took me five.


I couldn't get a good photo of the color.


How about some daisies? Spring fever, on the first day of Spring!


The one spot I didn't paint...our grow chart. Family and friends have added their height for as long as we've lived here. We have yet to add sweet p.

The company coming is my sweet little bird and baby bug, my great nieces. Grandma Elizabeth is moving his weekend so I get to have some fun. All the paint and ladder, put away for now. Things look clean and neat, so even if I don't get to the cabinets for a while, I feel accomplished.

I haven't visited much around lately, forgive me for that. I only seem to visit when I can't sleep...so the good news is I am sleeping just fine. ;-) Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day.

xxooPenny



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Debby said...

Oh my goodness.......I can't believe you did that. Lots of ice and Advil.....but be careful with the advil.
Fun company ahead. OH I mish I could get my "spring on" and get busy like you. I am hoping next week while it's spring break and I don't have kids every day.
Have fun and watch that back........you crazy silly lady.

Lynne said...

You silly knucklehead . . . what were you thinking! Take some time to rest that back. Happy you are sleepy well at night though . . . must be all that walking!

Happy Time with the little girls!

Blondie's Journal said...

Penny, my boys used to do that for me to "crack" my back and hey, did it help. But a 6'2 man?? Oh, hang in there!

Your kitchen is looking great! I'm missing you! Stop by!

XO,
Jane

Melanie said...

I can't believe you picked up your hubby like that. Ten lashes with a wet noodle for you, girlfriend! You might need a trip to a chiropractor now. I give you a lot of credit for carrying on with the painting all week. I wish I could see the color better in the photos. Have fun with your girlies this weekend!