Monday, March 17, 2014

Weekend Update/$100 Kitchen Makeover




We didn't do much this weekend, except buy a couple cans of paint for a spruce up. My sweetheart was sitting on a Lowe's gift card so that was our first stop. The bottom color is what we choose for the walls. We don't have any large walls to paint, just soffits, backsplash...the largest space is behind the refrigerator. Fussy painting.


I saw this on Pinterest, and since much of my house is a blue like this, I thought the muted green would be a good choice. The cabinets are getting a creamy white.


I made my terrariums . They are a little spot of life in this gray winter world that is still our reality.


I made one for a friend, and for Jon and Charlotte...they all needed a little cheering up.


This is a little project. I have a roll of chicken wire and I'm not afraid to use it;-). Riding this wave of creativity, cleanliness, and healthy living...and yes my friends, I am pacing myself!

Enjoy this beautiful day.

Love, Penny


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I can't wait to see your kitchen re-do! And you're painting your cabinets...wow, that's quite a job. I'm not brave enough to paint mine.

Our Hopeful Home said...

Is that baby tears I see? Love them! I almost bought a roll of chicken wire from Ace Hardware a few years back but was afraid of what Mr. CBD would say! Oh, and thanks for the picture of the little (or should I say big?) chickadee! Adorable! Can't wait to see the kitchen!xoKathy

Blondie's Journal said...

I think (and hope) that knowing spring has to be around the corner has us all wanting to spruce things up a bit. I hope you share your kitchen. The terrariums are so cute! Do you have to use special plants? I really like those! :)

XO,
Jane

Lynne said...

Love the little terrariums . . . The kitchen redo sounds like a breath of spring . . . Are you the painter or hubby? One thing I am not good at, at all!