Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Come Gently Spring


I would not ask that spring's return
Be well defined; I love the way
Springtime arrives by small degrees,
 How hills grow greener day by day
And buds swell on the willow tree.
 One crocus bloom can set the heart Awhirl!
 Oh one could never bear
The joyfulness of a sudden start--
 So come in little ways, O spring,
And thrill my being till I sing.

by Ethel H. Brice

The rains have brought Spring.  Looking out and seeing green is a wonder after seeing white snow for so many months.  Hope that Spring sets your heart Awhirl!  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day.

Penny

4 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

I was just thinking yesterday how nice it is to see the green grass outside my windows! I'm loving our daffodils and tulips as well. Your yard looks lovely. And I love the poem! xoKathy

Melanie said...

What a beautiful poem! I don't like gloomy days, but I do love the blooms and green grass that the rain has brought. I miss you...can't wait to see you. It's been too long.

Lynne said...

Awhirl away . . . I am!
Great poem . . .

Linda said...

Lovely post...photos and poem.