Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekend Update


I've been running since Thursday...A big combined service night and Guild meeting.  Made these cookies,
flavored with orange zest.  The grating was done by my constant companion Charlotte.  Charlotte went from pain free immediately after the surgery to more painful the last few days.  The healing is beginning, so soon will start the PT.  She has been the best and most appreciative patient.
Does anything smell fresher than a fresh cut or zested orange?

Friday was a beauty, warm and sunny.  I got out to rake the front yard and sweep the deck.  That first day out is really great, except for the blister I always get when raking, even with gloves.

Then Saturday, we shopped for Easter brinner, I have a brunch/dinner to accommodate the some family who would other wise miss an early brunch.  Three stores later the cupboards are filled.  Just as we were leaving home  the skies opened up.  We had a hail storm, and the hail was big.  
 It was hitting the windows and bouncing off the lawn.  There are a few dents in hubby's car.
Only the day lilies are up...before the grass has even greened up.  After Sunday's rain I noticed many more growing things, and the grass in just a day has turned a beautiful shade of green.
 I spent Sunday finishing up a few things before I put the sewing machine away till after Easter.  I found the blue fabric thrifting and the lace is from a twin sized sheet I found a while back.
 It was three parts, top and bottom scallop and the embroidered center section.  I cut it apart to use on some hand towels, inspired by some I saw on Pinterest.

 I layered a couple of fabrics and sewed them down.  Busy work, anxiety busting work.  Nothing bad happening, just changes coming to my family. I'll fill you in as things progress.  I have to keep busy, and I have.
 A couple more to add to my collection. I've made so many things lately,  I actually started to keep all my  finished projects in a suitcase.
I finished these too.  Maybe I can become a door to door Vintage Salesperson, like the Fuller Brush Man back in the day. I've thought of etsy, doing a craft show or flea market...or taking a space in a antique mall. Just that I've been there, done that in my youth and remember how hard it is to sell what you make.

Just be warned, if you are coming to Easter, you will be going home with a crocheted jar cozy, or tea towel or a lavender sachet...:-)  Just think of it as helping me keep my mental health.  Busy week, Holy Week...blessings to all of you this Easter.  

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy this beautiful day!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Hello, busy lady! Hmm, you said, "if you are coming to Easter"...you mean all your blog friends are invited?! ;-) Can you imagine if we all showed up at your door? ha ha

Hope you are finding some downtime to just relax this week.

Our Hopeful Home said...

Those cookies look so good! I should bake like that for my kids....oh well right now they're lucky if I get dinner on the table lol. We escaped the hail, sorry about hubby's car. Your towels and all you make are fabulous, they would definitely sell, you should start an etsy shop!

Lynne said...

You already have a suitcase full, time to open a shop . . . except . . . I wouldn't want that to add more pressure.

How many days before Little P arrives! ENJOY every moment.

Happy Easter Penny!