Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Just a Peek



Decorating a second guest room without spending a dollar more than we already spent for the bed.  I am shopping the house, and finishing some projects.  The bedding is Laura Ashley, rummage sale.  The pillow cases made by me.  The table thrifted and painted by me.  Also found the shade for the lamp at a rummage sale.  The floor cloth, from my floor cloth period, (did you have one?) ;-) painted and stenciled by me, let's just say... long ago. Even the clock came from the thrift store.  The cost for the everything, about $21!  That includes the quilt at the foot of the bed!
Then I saw a photo which inspired me to make a window seat, between two bookcases we received as wedding gifts.  This is the top of my Mom's cedar chest, covered with a comforter and thrifted pillows. The curtains are thrifted, shabby chic shower curtains. Remember the garbage picked chandelier?  I found the perfect place for it!  I am happy with the room so far, but I'll be tweaking till guests arrive!

Off to vote!  I will be so glad when this election is over. Thanks for stopping by, enjoy this beautiful day.

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

This is the right way to do it! I save everything so I think I could do a few guest rooms. I love the floor cloth...never made one though. The window seat is so cool!

Jane xx

Melanie said...

What a pretty guest room! Love the window seat and where you hung the chandelier.

Lynne said...

Pretty guest room Penny . . .
Great idea with the cedar chest . . .