Monday, January 5, 2015

I am not done with Christmas!

 This weekend brought us the first real winter weather.  Amazing since we made it through Thanksgiving and Christmas without snow or really cold temperatures.  This is my weather!  I am a cold weather girl.  I love to hunker down and bundle up...shovel snow and feel that alive feeling that only comes with brisk cold weather.
 I have not given up on the holiday feeling.  I've left little touches here and there, though the trees are down and the decorations put away.
The setting sun on the snow, so beautiful.

 Looking at my gifts, so many and so generous.  The most special to me...this piece of coral.  Wrapped by my little bird, who is now a first grader.  The card, be still my heart, says, "Little Bird and Peney = Love" with a drawing of us.  She choose the coral because she knew I would just love it, and she was so right.
What a special girl, what a beautiful heart she has.  Love her so!
 Elizabeth gave me these orchids that are still blooming...gifts that keep the Christmas spirit going...
Every candle set the mood for a holiday I will never forget.  Having everyone home, especially our happy wanderer Mike, the memory will keep me warm for a long long while.

 To make this happy feeling linger, I am Christmas crafting in January.  A new concept, true, but sorry I just can't... Let it go!
I found this plastic silver bell and thought it would look great painted and distressed.  Looks like antique tin ceiling tile.  It still needs a ribbon of seam binding and a bit of cedar and berries...  To hang somewhere when December comes again.  (It cost a quarter, all Christmas was 75% off at the thrift)

...This little Church..saw this idea to take a regular Christmas village building...paint it white and then glitter it...
 This photo doesn't capture the magical look of it. I saw one like this in a small suitcase as a display and I  remembered it while shopping for after Christmas bargains. A vignette might just spring up...
This lantern, loved the hearts for Valentine's Day.
Another thrift store find.  

All of the decorations are ready to go into storage, but I'm not ready yet to say goodbye to that warm and loving feeling that is the essence of Christmas.  Hope that you are warm and safe and that you let the warmth and magic of Christmas stay in your heart forever.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day!

3 comments:

Barbara Lilian in France said...

What a lovely heart warming post. Nothing beats a present given by a little one. My youngest grandson couldn't wait till Christmas eve to give me my present when I arrived in Denmark, a little reindeer he had made at school using the inside of a toilet roll. How I remember saving those for school when his Dad was a little boy.

Melanie said...

What a sweet gift and card from your Little Bird! Just precious. You are the only person I know who actually enjoys the snow and cold, lol. You can have it all. I'm already so over this weather. I'm craving warmth and sunshine. :-)

Lynne said...

I love keeping a few touches around too. I refilled my vases with fresh greens . . . kind of makes me feel like a Christmasy Spring . . .
And now with our snow . . . I am loving the season all over again!
Love your bell and steepled church . . .
And your coral gift . . .