Wednesday, January 21, 2015

To Brighten Up a Gloomy Day


The longer days help, but the gloom that comes with January is only kept at bay by being busy.  I found this silver rose bowl at the thrift.
It has it's own frog for arranging, and I had roses in my stash. I added a couple to fill it out so the reflection is as pretty as the front.

 A little sparkle of reflected light.

I also added some faux greenery.  Things tend to look so flat in the dim winter's light. In person it looks fresh and gives the room some life.
On a quick trip to the thrift with my future DIL Charlotte, I found a couple of treasures.  I never say no to a cloche, and these glasses will be pretty votive holders.
 I found this interesting container on another stop.
 To hold a gift, a bowl of sweets, a single heart.
 The one decoration I have not put away...Seems I like to play in the snow, I mean salt.
 Fished out some of my Valentine making supplies...

and found a stack of goodies I've been collecting. Now for some inspiration...First I'll check my Valentine pins over at Pinterest, and see how I can brighten up this gloomy day.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for all your kind comments.  Enjoy this beautiful day my friends.

3 comments:

Debby said...

The bowl with heart is really nice. I forgot to say something about Baby P.'s hair. It is really beautiful. I love the color and the length.

Melanie said...

Good morning, Penny! I'm sure you'll be whipping up some beautiful Valentine's Day decor. It's a good day to craft with it being so gloomy, isn't it? I love the silver bowl you found...perfect for roses. Hope to see you again soon, my wonderful friend. {{hugs}}

Lynne said...

I am trying to find some Valentine inspiration.
Maybe it is YOU . . .
Ever have a lazy day?