Wednesday, February 25, 2015

 A few small changes to bring a little life into the washed out gray light of  winter.
 A purple ribbon, from a gift, as a little nod to Lent...preparing the way for Easter and Spring.
Displaying a beautiful embossed glass candle, a gift from Kris and Doug and Sweet p.  Happy Birthday dear Doug. Doug and Kris and Sweet p. made some big changes this year, and I am so glad that included coming to Chicago! It's been amazing having them close.
 Can't wait to have flowers to press from my garden.  From Elizabeth, my generously kind SIL.
 It's been a while since we thrifted.  I found two treasures, this vintage scale and an old enameled coffee pot.
 Oi how I miss my camera!
The coffee pot is stained inside, and a little rough on the outside.  It was filled with foam and moss.  I saw it's pure vintage beauty.
 It will be a long time before a warm up.  Our local weather guy says that until the Great Lakes thaw, the cold is here to stay for a while.  I look outside and try to think warm thoughts...
My warm thought for today...I am nearing my 1,000th post! Seems like I started yesterday, but it will be five years on March 2nd since my very first post.    More on that soon. Thanks for stopping by.
Enjoy this beautiful day.

1 comment:

Our Hopeful Home said...

Love your window/wreath vignette. Can't believe Easter's right around the corner. You're lucky to have found that scale. I wanted one so badly a few years ago I bought one for myself on ebay! The coffee pot's a keeper, too:) Stay warm.
xoKathy