Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Just Down the Road


 We visited a new shop, or a couple of new shops since they seem combined, The Pink Geranium and Artifactural Furniture & Design, Inc. They are right down the Road in Barrington IL on Northwest Highway.
 We've passed this way many times, and recently saw the sign for the Pink Geranium so we decided to take a look.  The door is just a taste of the cool things inside.
 I loved the windows...
an old warehouse or factory feel to it.
 I didn't take many photos, just out of practice I suppose.  This is the first time we've been out in weeks, since I wouldn't call Doctor visits and grocery shopping out.  I did get Kristen's camera, THANK YOU KRIS, so there was really no reason for not taking photos except for the fact that I didn't ask and I usually do.
 I was not shy in the entrance where all the goodness starts.
 Loved the leaded windows,
the iron and so many beautiful reclaimed wood pieces.  This is a look into the workshop. After getting hooked on all the shows  like Salvage Dawgs, and the Barnwood Builders, I so admire the talent and skill involved in building with wood and reclaimed items.

The Pink Geranium part of the store had vintage goods, the things I noticed most were some vintage linens.. My dearest found cookies, as only he can find a cookie in a busy establishment. It was an interesting place and I would like to go back and spend more than the few minutes we looked around. The parking lot was underwater with some our our first warm temperatures in months melting the snow.  It is close by and worth another visit.  Next time I will ask for permission to photograph some of the beautiful wooden treasures.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day.

No comments: