Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving


 As usual the morning was my moment of calm.  We had a small crowd this year, 14.  My SIL lost her Dad the day before Thanksgiving.  We were so fortunate to know Opa as he was called by our niece Emma.  A kind man who will be missed by us all.  Jeff and Emma came for dinner and brought home desserts for family staying with Oma.
 The table set, and desserts made ahead of time.  Try the Pioneer Woman's pumpkin cheesecake recipe.  It was a big hit with our crowd.  I used the Trader Joe's old fashioned graham crackers for the crust, it was delicious!
 Brown paper runner, burlap leaves...made for a pretty table.
 Little favors that everyone forgot to take home.  Candy for the boys, simmering potpourri for the girls.
 One quick shot as my family sat down.  Have I mentioned I love my family!
 Some of the eats!  We had so many leftovers!  I guess I can only cook Thanksgiving for 25. ;-)
 Penny took this photo of her Grandpa! This guy makes it all possible.  Thanks honey, for all your help and love.
A beautiful gift from my SIL Mindy.  A wonderful day, so much to be grateful for.

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy this beautiful day.

No comments: