Monday, March 7, 2016

The word for today is...



 Yep, garden.  We had two hours before my hubby had a online class to attend.  We grabbed a quick take out breakfast and headed to our local nursery.  I need some green, but got mostly snow.

 The temps still at freezing but the sky so blue and clear.

 These stairs will be covered with pots and plants in just a few weeks.
 I can't wait to see how they style the toolbox for spring.
 This guy has been working hard.  He needed a little fresh air to also clear his head.
 The koi pond at the nursery is still frozen.
 Just a couple of days later, the chill is replaced with warmer temps.  A few showers are expected.
 The ice is now puddles.
 The bright morning light is warm.
 Clouds are moving in.
 Signs of life...moss in the cracks...
 tiny shoots
 leaves
 buds

these are daffodils.

lilac buds. "No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow." -Proverb

I spent a hour on the deck, filling the fountain, picking up branches and sweeping, just in shirtsleeves.  Now the sky is clouded over and I am inside.  Still with gardens on my mind.  I purchased a couple of plants to make a terrarium, so that's what I'll work on this morning.

Did you watch the Downton Abbey finale?  I liked that everything was neatly wrapped up, but it felt rushed to me.  Some of those story lines would have made for some interesting episodes.  All good things must come to an end, and we (yes hubby too) enjoyed the series.  We recorded the last Myth Busters episode so equal time for his favorites too.

Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments on my blog anniversary.  Enjoy this beautiful day.

2 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

Hey Penny! I'm pretty anxious for spring too. I was outside today with the dog and I have to say that the warmth felt glorious on my face.....not that we haven't had snow on Easter around here (Sshhhhh). Hope all is well and that you to continue to enjoy the outdoors. xo Kathy

Melanie said...

Hello, Penny - thought I'd check in with you on your blog. I hope you're enjoying the spring-like weather today. I have all my windows open and even though it's a bit cool, it feels so clean and fresh. Happy 6-year blogging anniversary, by the way! I'd love to hear from you soon...blog, email, whatever. Miss you!