Saturday, May 28, 2016

Welcome to the Thrift


Good morning friends. Just wanted to show you a couple of bargains I found at the thrift.  I purchased this in the very early spring when we still had snow on the ground.  It was sitting on a shelf at a thrift we like to go to in Wisconsin.  I know how much faux flowers are,  and I've seen white sunflowers for $20 a stem.  I snatched up this wreath and almost danced to the check out. It looks so great on my front door, but alas, the storm door squished it.
 So I got out my rusty old hanger and hung it on the storm door.
 So pretty.  A little different with sunflowers, daisies and hydrangea.  The plaid bow is a great addition.
 I get a little giddy when I see a deal like this one!
This is a little gift I got from my dear SIL Elizabeth.  A ceramic bird wind chime.  The little wire feet make a tinkling sound.  Thanks so much.  Now to get the "tall one" (my dearest) to hang this for me.
 This was also a thrifted find.  Love the color and the carving.
 Anyone recognize the makers mark?
I found two of these buckets,  brand new, Pottery Barn Children's.  One went to Elizabeth who loved it.  This silly little towel was in a basket on my table. (found at a rummage sale) Elizabeth suggested that I hang it over my bucket... Then she said, "If only you had a red handled rolling pin to put in the bucket".  Sure enough, I reached into a drawer and pulled out my Buscia's rolling pin with red handles!  Silly and fun and in no way trying to incite violence at home. (The towel looks to be commercially made, not by a angry homemaker;-)
Another wash pan.  I use the couple I already have often, and used this one for cold drinks at Penny's party.

'Tis the season for rummage sales, flea markets and bargains of all kinds.  I'll show more as the summer gets underway.  Getting used to posting without waiting and frustration.  Makes a world of difference. It definitely makes blogging more fun.

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments and especially your friendship.

Enjoy this beautiful day!

No comments: