Monday, September 12, 2016

Weekend Update/Eye Candy


As the days fly by and the wedding of our son gets closer, I am looking for ideas, I am searching for calm.  My bumps and bruises are healing, still in a splint.  I have baked for our bake sale that was this weekend., with the assistance of my dearest who did all the heavy lifting, washing of bowls and beaters.  We've found a venue for a rehearsal dinner.  I made the invitations by computer and embellished with some stamping.

Really liking this metallic pumpkin thing happening at the Pottery Barn, 

On Sunday we headed north and ended up at the Northwind Perennial Farm in Wisconsin.  We live just 1 hour from the boarder, so it's a quick trip.  Northwind has the coolest displays, inside and outside.

This vista, a barn door open, gives it a dreamlike quality.
Dried and beautiful.
Everyplace you look, another sweet vignette.

All the chickens were out in the garden.  We usually see them here.
So tranquil, the reflection perfect.

There were things growing out of that birdhouse. I found that delightful!
This is the loft in the barn, filled with treasures.
I came home inspired.
I have a garbage picked birdbath and a glass round...
I think this was my favorite display.
I have a cloche similar to this one. It's been in the same place for a long time.  Time to shake things up a little.
What doesn't look great from behind a iron gate?

Reminded me of daughter Kristen.

 Only two blooms on their hydrangea.   Just like mine this year.  And nary a Monarch.
Spiders, we have them too.  We cleaned our front entrance of all the cobwebs using my swiffer floor mop.  It did a great job and now it doesn't  look like the Addams Family lives here.

So that was our little trip.  We found some serenity, inspiration and were renewed.  Ready to face this week and all we have to accomplish. First things first, orthopedic appointment.  If I can remove this splint, I can get back in the game, so to speak. ;-)

Thanks so much for your kind comments and for your friendship.  It means the world to me.  Enjoy this beautiful day.

Penny

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Good feeling it is when we are inspired . . .
Energizing, isn't it . . .
And if that splint comes off . . .
Watch that Penny gal fly . . .
Thinking of you in these final wedding prep weeks . . .